Submission Guidelines for Longwood Senior Thesis Proposal
Eligibility & Proposal Examples
Before You Submit
- Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word or PDF. If you cannot provide a Word document or PDF, please contact the system administrator to help with converting files.
- You will need the following information:
- Proposal title
- Author information (including email)
- Department of sponsoring faculty member
- Your faculty advisor's name
- 4-5 keywords that describe your project
- Discipline selection (You can view all Digital Commons Disciplines in a PDF.)
Submit Your Proposal
- Under Submission Guidelines on the left hand side navigation, click on Submit Research.
- It will take you a login screen, enter your LancerNet ID and password (same one used for Canvas or email)
- Fill in the information you prepared. If you have trouble or have questions, please reach out to the system administrator. Remember you can revise information after submitting.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the submission form. Only click Submit once, it may take a minute to upload.
- You will see the Confirmation Screen. Please review your information and if correct, you may exit the screen. If incorrect, please click the Revise My Submission button.
- You will receive any email with the link to your submission and will be able to edit your submission after it is reviewed.
Overview of the Process
After you have submitted, the proposal will be sent to the Longwood Senior Thesis committee members for review. You will be notified if your proposal was accepted, needs minor or major revisions, or if it needs to be resubmitted before the end of the semester. If revisions or resubmission of the proposal is required, students can resubmit or revise no later than one full week prior to the beginning of the subsequent semester.
Students can review the timeline for the remainder of the Senior Thesis Program.
How to Revise Your Paper
If you need to revise your proposal, please log in to Digital Commons and on your My Account page, you should see a link to your proposal under the Longwood Senior Thesis Proposal heading. You may upload revisions, withdraw your proposal or add additional files.If you have any questions or need assistance with Digital Commons, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.