Date of Award
Master of Science
Charles H. Patterson, Jr., Ph.D.
Louis Kovacs, Ed.D.
Robert Gibbons, Ed.D.
It was the purpose of this study:
- To review the history of the Long wood College Foundation, Incorporated , to identify appropriate patterns of procedure for the future expansion of fund -raising efforts.
- To identify those immediate and long -range needs of Longwood College which can only be met through private funding.
- To determine the types of fund -raising programs most likely to meet these needs.
- To involve as many of the individuals and departments of the College in the development program as possible.
- To initiate an immediate fund -raising program.
These objectives were attempted through studying the programs at other colleges to formulate interview outlines to use at Longwood . All persons directly involved with the managing of the College were interviewed following this outline.
Visits were made with professionals at other colleges to determine the most appropriate methods and programs to initiate. Their advice and recommendations were modified to accommodate purposes.
Bristol, George R., "AN ANALYSIS OF THE NEEDS FOR PRIVATE SUPPORT AT LONGWOOD COLLEGE, A PLAN FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION" (1976). Theses, Dissertations & Honors Papers. 383.